top of page
Wed, Mar 16|
9-Week Pickleball Program (Wednesdays 12-2pm) 2/9-4/6
Join our 9-Week Pickleball Program! A 2 hour, 1x per week coaching session that will teach you the core skills and strategies you need to get your game ready for the spring! See below for more information on times and the unique ways you will receive value before, during, and after each session!
Registration is closedSee other events
Time & Location
Mar 16, 2022, 12:00 PM – 2:00 PM
Batavia, 1155 Old State Rte 74, Batavia, OH 45103, USA
About the Event
Program Time Offerings
- Mondays, 9am-11am: Runs from 2/7/22 - 4/4/22)
- Wednesdays, 12pm-2pm: (2/9/22 - 4/6/22)
- This 9-week pickleball program is a 2 hour, once per week group class that contains structured teaching for learning how to play the sport of Pickleball.
- Each session is specifically structured for those that want to learn, but also for those that have some experience playing and want to get better. It focuses on some basic skills, but mostly on strategy.
- The program follows official PPR guidelines and offers both fundamentals and strategies to beat your opponents.
- The program supports maximum learning and retention by providing pre and post session videos and a recap and conclusion each week.
- Each session will be recorded, and at the end of the 9 weeks, you will get a personalized recap of what you should work on based on your play.
- By the end of the 9 weeks, you should feel comfortable playing on your own at a 3.0-3.5 intermediate level.
- We plan on offering an intermediate 3.5-4.0, 9-week program soon or at the same time if we get enough interest.
- The Program will be coached by PPR certified coach, Joe Freudenberg.
- Program will be held at Elite Athletic Sportsplex
- You do not have to be a member to sign up (members get 20% off!).
- Wear comfortable shoes and athletic gear.
- All instruction will occur indoors
- Paddles can be rented for $10/ session.
- Paddles can be purchased online at https://tmprsports.com/?aff=128
Tentative Teaching Schedule
- Week 1: Intro to Pickleball- Rules, overview of general strategy, proper techniques for hitting a pickleball (vs. other sports like tennis).
- Week 2: More practice hitting, best serving techniques and strategies, start return of serve strategies
- Week 3: More serving/return of serve, plus transitioning from return to kitchen and moving with your partner, intro to third shot.
- Week 4: 3rd shot strategy and drilling.
- Week 5: More Third Shot training, dinking strategy, volley dinks.
- Week 6: More Dinking Strategy, volleying from kitchen line (block, push, swing)
- Week 7: Intermediate Skills: Backhand ground strokes and dinks, overhead hits, overhead defense.
- Week 8: Scoring Gameplay while being coached.
- Week 9: Round robin tournament!
9 Wks- Wednesdays 12-2pm
+$11.23 service fee
+$11.23 service fee0
bottom of page